Saturday, June 16, 2012

thing 7

I had heard of Flickr in passing conversations and postings on the Web but this is the first time to actually look at the website. One of the most pertinent facts to me was that there are varying levels of control. I had been under the impression that all of the pictures were public. The ability to designate family, friends, or even give out a guest pass sent via email is something I was unaware of and certainly increases its attractiveness to me. 
I have popped open the photos at the library of congress like a package of biscuits. I must limit my viewing time here. It is difficult to pick out an image from this website but I have stumbled on one that is quite captivating.

Shepherd with his horse and dog on Gravelly Range, Madison County, Montana (LOC)

Lee, Russell,, 1903-1986,, photographer.







 http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2050/2213311495_38f03ba94a_m.jpg
 Take a good look around Flickr and discover an interesting image that you want to blog about. You can explore Flickr photos, search the tags, view various groups, and more without a Flickr account.

b. Use any keyword(s) you wish to find photos with those tags. When you find an interesting image or group, write a blog post describing your experience finding images, using Flickr, and anything else related to the exercise. Upload an image to your blog, being sure to credit the photographer. Don't forget to include a link to the image in your post.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment